Welcome to “Love, Natalie,” I’m so glad you made it here! I’m excited to share this space with you and to explore all the ways we can incorporate self-care into our daily lives.
I get it … there never seems like enough time for self-care.
We’re stressed, tired, and pulled in so many different directions these days, that taking a few moments to give ourselves some much-needed TLC may seem selfish, or just downright impossible. But I’m here to tell you that you simply MUST make your well being a priority!
The holidays can be an especially trying time for us all, with lots of extra to-do’s on our list. Even though they're behind us now, our balance and health can easily get out of whack, leading us to lose energy and feel overwhelmed to start the new year.
Food is often a major culprit thanks to indulging in all of our favorite seasonal treats. When my digestion is off track, I reach for my go-to Beauty Food Breakfast recipe. It helps me get that extra boost of energy and brainpower I need to make the most of my day, and I end up feeling better from the inside out.
Looking for a little feel-better boost to help you enjoy all of your holiday to-do’s this year? Try my favorite Beauty Food Breakfast recipe, and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Beauty Food Breakfast
- 1 Cup Nut Milk (I use milkadamia)
- 1 Cup Frozen Mango
- 1 Frozen Banana
- ½ Cup Raw Cashews
- 2 Frozen Pitaya Packets (Dragon Fruit)
- 1 Tbs. Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbs. Flax Seeds
- 1 Tbs. Hemp Seeds
- 1 Banana
- 1 Tbs. Almond Butter
- Blend all frozen ingredients and nut milk in a Vitamix or blender.
- Top with chia, flax and hemp seeds, plus a sliced banana and almond butter.
- Natalie’s Tip: Pre-assemble all frozen ingredients in individual zip bags to save time, and stock up on reusable bowls to take your healthy breakfast-to-go!
Ingredients Beauty Benefits:
- Banana: Contains high levels of antioxidants known to help address fine lines and wrinkles.
- Mango: An excellent source of fiber, Vitamins A, C, E, and B6, as well as the minerals potassium and copper; rich in antioxidants.
- Dragon Fruit: Rich in antioxidants, Vitamin C, polyunsaturated fats, carotene, and proteins; also contains thiamine and zero complex carbohydrates that help assist in the breakdown of food in our system
- Cashews: High in selenium, Vitamin E and antioxidants; known to help keep skin hydrated while fighting inflammation and acne.
- Chia Seeds: Chock-full of magnesium, a nutrient known to help keep cortisol levels low, as well as combat headaches and fatigue.
- Hemp Oil: Contains Omega-6, a powerful anti-inflammatory, and also known to help encourage new skin growth and cell generation.
- Flax Seeds: Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, known to help boost collagen production and help to keep skin feeling smooth and elastic.